Rehabs That Accept United Behavioral Health
Drug overdose and alcohol addiction are two of the most urgent and pervasive public health epidemics facing the United States. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to report record-breaking rates of overdose fatalities, including more than 70,000 in 2017, while also indicating that alcohol kills more than eighty-eight thousand Americans each year through both direct and indirect causes. At the same time, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) reports that only 10 percent of Americans who need substance use treatment actually receive it. One of the modern realities of addiction treatment is that prevention, treatment, and enforcement are, on some level, everyone’s problem, which is why it’s an all-hands-on-deck situation to curb deaths and addiction.
One of the most important and valuable stakeholders in the fight against substance use disorder (SUD) in the United States is the newly empowered insurance industry, particularly giants like United Behavioral Health. United Behavioral Health manages and deploys the mental health services for United Healthcare to patients across the country. As the need for quality, affordable, and accessible care has become more and more apparent, the treatment landscape features an increasing number of rehabs that accept United Behavioral Health and other types of health insurance.
Individual and employer-based health insurance plans make it easier for patients to afford what can be an incredibly costly endeavor. Recent changes in health care legislation, specifically the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, have designated addiction and mental health treatment as an Essential Health Benefit—and despite United Healthcare’s decreasing presence in the marketplace, the company still has considerably increased coverage for substance use and mental health issues, facilitating access to treatment. If you or a loved one is a United Behavioral Health member and you need addiction treatment, start exploring your options.
What Types of Rehab Services Does United Behavioral Health Cover?
United Behavioral Health services more than sixty million members and more than five million public sector members through programs including Medicaid and Medicare.
The organization offers a range of alcohol and drug addiction treatment services, such as:
- Inpatient medically managed detox. Detox is a critical part of the treatment process and allows patients to safely and comfortably purge their systems of the toxins that have accumulated in their bodies through drug and alcohol use. Patients who are seeking inpatient medical detox under United Behavioral Health must have the procedure deemed medically essential by their physician and administered by an approved provider affiliated with UBH.
- Inpatient and outpatient behavioral rehab. Coverage for inpatient behavioral rehab under United Behavioral Health will vary according to each patient’s specific plans and tiers of coverage. Group plans with more than fifty members are required to provide access to some level of behavioral rehab under the Mental Health Parity Act (MHPA) of 2008. Individual and family plans also cover different types of behavioral rehab, including residential and outpatient. Higher-end plans will typically cover inpatient treatment, including semi-private rooms. United Behavioral Health guidelines indicate that one day of inpatient treatment is equal to two treatment sessions in a partial day program (PHP), five intensive outpatients (IOP) sessions, six outpatient visits, and ten days of transitional housing.
Specific plans also cover medication-assisted treatment (MAT), including Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone), Vivitrol (monthly injectable naltrexone), and methadone maintenance. United Behavioral Health and its partner Optum offer a network of more than two thousand MAT providers. To find out what types of rehab services your United Behavioral Health plan covers, speak to a representative today for verification.
How Do I Find Rehabs That Accept United Behavioral Health?
United Behavioral Health offers a comprehensive directory of clinicians and providers to put you or your loved one in touch with quality and affordable treatment.
Some of the many rehabs that accept United Behavioral Health include:
- Livengrin Foundation
- Discovery House LLC
- New Era Rehabilitation Center
- Malvern Institute
- Mirmont Treatment Center
- Brandywine Counseling Comm Services Inc.
- Elkton Treatment Center
- Ashley Addiction Treatment
- White Deer Run Inc.
- South Beach Addiction Treatment Center
- Phoenix Recovery Center Inc.
- Medmark Treatment Centers
- Institutes for Behavior Resources Inc.
- Pine Heights Treatment Center
- Gaudenzia at Park Heights
- Cornerstone of Rhinebeck
Each of these facilities offers differing levels of care for SUD.
Start Exploring Your Options Today.
If you’re a United Healthcare member currently in need of treatment for SUD, you don’t have to price yourself out of the process. There are plenty of substance use treatment options to help you or your loved one reclaim your health, dignity, and quality of life. The cost and sacrifice associated with doing nothing about addiction are far greater than the logistical difficulties associated with seeking treatment. You don’t have to let addiction ruin your life. Don’t let money or logistics stop you from living the life you want and the future you deserve. Explore your options now for rehab coverage under United Behavioral Health.