Christian Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers Near Me
List of All Christian Rehab Centers Near Me
Christian Addiction and Treatment
Religion and spirituality have been an integral part of the modern addiction treatment paradigm for years. Even the 12-Step process is rooted in the belief in a higher power. While more and more treatment facilities are offering specialized and targeted treatment for all religions, Christian addiction treatment centers have been around for years and have helped thousands of people struggling with substance use disorder (SUD) use their faith as a means to combat addiction and rebuild their lives. Christian addiction treatment centers offer faith-based treatment programs, including inpatient, outpatient, long-term, and more, to give participants strength, hope, and motivation to help them achieve and maintain abstinence from drug and/or alcohol use.
What Is Christian Treatment Like?
Christian addiction treatment resources exist all over the country, including many endorsed and directly utilized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) to cater to denominations of the religion.
These Include, but not limited to the following:
Participants in Christian addiction treatment programs get help from certified professionals in faith-based recovery, including members of the clergy who use scripture recitation, prayer, addiction bible study, and a variety of other techniques to help foster healing. These programs rely heavily on the teachings of Christ as a behavioral template to help participants achieve lasting recovery and avoid relapse.
Like secular treatment programs, Christian addiction treatment programs vary in scope and duration and can last anywhere from a few weeks to a year or longer. Before or during behavioral rehab, participants should undergo medically supervised withdrawal management; there are multiple Christian detox centers for patients of faith.
Addiction Bible Study and the Spiritual Side of Recovery
Like other types of adversity in life, the Bible discusses addiction and temptation at length, through a variety of commonly cited passages and scripture. Participants at Christian addiction treatment centers learn what Christ and the bible say about addiction and the relationship between Christianity and addiction.
Some of the better-known bible verses about addiction include:
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 – Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
- 1 John 2:16 – For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.
- James 4:7 – Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- 1 Peter 5:10 – And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
There are several bedrock works of literature to which participants of Christian addiction treatment often turn during their healing process.
Often referred to as “recovery bibles,” these work include:
Christian Addiction Treatment Resources for Addicts and Families
Christians and other individuals of faith have a variety of resources at their disposal to deal with addiction personally or within a loved one. Christian support groups for families of addicted people offer loved ones the support, resources, knowledge, vocabulary, and more to help guide the addicted individual to recovery—or, at the very least, to maintain unity and function within the rest of their families if the addicted loved one refuses help.
Throughout the evolution of faith-based addiction treatment, multiple organizations have been instrumental in moving the model forward, such as:
- Alcoholics for Christ – Developed in 1976, Alcoholics for Christ offers one-hundred open groups around the country, including meetings in prisons, county jails, treatment facilities, and other community entities. They are one of the leading Christian addiction treatment organizations, featuring bible study, prayer groups, scripture recitation, and more.
- Alcoholics Victorious – Founded in 1948, Alcoholics Victorious support groups offer a safe environment for people recovering from the effects of alcoholism or drug addiction. We recognize Jesus Christ as our “Higher Power” and gather together to share their experience, faith, strength, and hope.
- Celebrate Recovery – Celebrate Recovery offers a safe, supportive, and Christ-centered program for those struggling with all types of addiction. The program follows the 12-Step process and has helped thousands of Christian SUD sufferers find their way to recovery.
Other notable Christian recovery groups include Recovery in Christ Ministries, Prodigals International, Overcomers Outreach, and Christians United against Addiction. These organizations can be instrumental in telling you or your loved one where to find Christian addiction treatment centers.
Harnessing Faith into Strength
The effectiveness of spiritual healing is comparable to secular addiction treatment programs; however, for someone who is deeply committed to Christ’s teachings, Christian addiction treatment centers can be a tremendous source of strength and motivation. Those who complete faith-based treatment very often wind up going on to guide others in their pursuit of recovery. No matter the religion or faith to which you or your loved one may subscribe, it’s critical to get some level of professional help for drug or alcohol addiction.
Find Christian Addiction Treatment Centers By Your State