Rehabs That Accept AultCare Insurance
Ohio has become the cradle of a drug overdose for the American Midwest, a problem driven primarily by the uptick in American opioid addiction, part of the epidemic affecting the rest of the country as well. Data from the state’s Department of Health indicated that there were 4,854 overdose fatalities in 2017, while alcohol addiction continued to threaten residents’ health and quality of life, contributing to nearly one thousand deaths each year, according to figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Data from America’s Health Rankings report that nearly one-third of Ohio adults engage in regular problematic binge drinking.
In an effort to reverse these causes of death, declining public health, and erosion of the quality of life in Ohio’s many communities, the state has begun to ramp up efforts to offer supportive, affordable, and accessible addiction treatment resources for its vulnerable residents. This includes working with insurance providers in the area to make sure patients have access to the care they need. One of the entities leading the charge to provide affordable and accessible addiction treatment in Ohio is AultCare. AultCare has been serving Ohio residents for over thirty years and offers a wide array of addiction treatment services.
AultCare’s Different Plan Options
AultCare offers a variety of insurance products and services, striving to keep costs down for its members. The four primary plan types offered by AultCare include:
- AultCare PPO – Used in conjunction with the majority of AultCare Plans
- AultCare HMO – Used In conjunction with AultCare’s Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan (FEHB)
- AultCare Select PPO – Used in conjunction with AultCare’s individual marketplace plans
- Aultman Employee Network – Used in conjunction with Aultman Hospital Employee Health Plan
AultCare’s marketplace (Affordable Care Act) plans are required to offer at least a basic level of substance use disorder (SUD) treatment, including outpatient rehab, counseling, and other interventions.
What Alcohol and Drug Addiction Rehab Services Does AultCare Offer?
AultCare health plans offer multiple levels of coverage, depending upon each member’s individual plans. Like other companies, the AultCare plans that cover alcohol and drug rehab are divided into three tiers of coverage: Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- AultCare Bronze Select – AultCare’s Bronze Program generally offers total coverage for inpatient or outpatient medical detox. Patients can choose an in-network or out-of-network treatment facility. The Bronze Select Plan may also cover inpatient or residential rehab. In-network facilities are covered up to 80 percent with preauthorization and out-of-network facilities may be covered up to 60 percent with preauthorization. Outpatient rehab and counseling under this plan are billed at a small fee per office visit. Other outpatient services require a 20 percent coinsurance for in-network providers and 40 percent for out-of-network providers. The plan also provides limited coverage for medication-assisted treatment (MAT) with drugs such as Suboxone®, Vivitrol®, and methadone, as well as sober living transitional homes.
- AultCare Silver Select – The AultCare Silver Plan provides generous coverage for both inpatient and outpatient detox, with higher costs for an out-of-network facility. The plan also covers inpatient and outpatient behavioral rehab. Inpatient programs that are in a network are often covered in full, while out-of-network facilities will require a 20 percent copay. Outpatient sessions are usually fully covered after the first four treatment sessions, which require a $10 copay per visit. Silver plans also provide limited yet reasonable coverage for MAT, as well as sober living and other transitional housing resources to help patients incrementally rebuild their lives in recovery.
- AultCare Gold Select – Gold plan members enjoy the most comprehensive coverage for medical detox for both inpatient and outpatient treatment settings, with the cost differential increasing for out-of-network facilities. The plan also provides the most accessible coverage for inpatient and outpatient behavioral rehab as well as providing top-tier access to MAT and sober and transitional living facilities. Rehab consists of group therapy, individualized counseling, and supplemental modalities.
Patients are encouraged to contact an AultCare representative to determine the exact scope of coverage.
How Do I Find Substance Abuse Rehabs That Accept AultCare Insurance?
The process of finding rehabs that accept AultCare insurance starts with determining your plan type. Once you have determined this information, you or your loved one can browse AultCare’s directory of providers and facilities to find the option that works best for you. The process of finding the right alcohol and drug rehab facility may seem daunting, and treatment may prove to be a bit more costly than you or your loved one anticipated; however, AultCare and other insurance providers can make the process considerably more affordable.
It’s also worth noting that the alternative to treatment is languishing in an endless cycle of relapse, withdrawal, and subsequent addiction. Don’t let money or logistics stand in the way of you getting the treatment you need and deserve. If you or your loved one need addiction treatment in Ohio, perhaps AultCare can help.